Obviously there are more than 8 Christlike qualities but Sam Crabtree in Practicing Affirmation focuses on these ones in particular:
- Truthfulness. Jesus is the faithful witness (Rev. 1:5), the most truthful being in existence, the One for whom it is impossible to lie (Titus 1:2).
- Obedience. Jesus is the most obedient human being ever to live, having never once disobeyed the Father in thought, word, or deed.
- Forgiveness. Jesus is the most forgiving person in existence, for he extends mercy to every sinner who confesses his sinfulness to God and trusts Jesus to pay the penalty for his God-belittling indifference and rebellion.
- Alertness. No one is more alert than Jesus, being aware of what’s going on and initiating all the right responses to each event and each person in each and every instance.
- Hospitality. Jesus is the prince of hospitality, having gone to prepare dwelling places for every believer.
- Diligence. No one surpasses Jesus in applying all his energies — every last drop — to accomplish what the Father has given him to do.
- Initiatives. Jesus acts. He does not wait to be cajoled, recruited, or talking into doing what needs to be done.
- Dependability. Nobody is more dependable than Jesus, for all the promises of God are “yes” and “amen” in him, completely fulfilled (2 Cor. 1:20).
In every believer there’s going to be a gap where we need to be more truthful, hospitable, alert or forgiving. By God’s grace and the Spirit working the gospel of Jesus in and throughout your life you can more faithfully represent these qualities in your life.