Here are Five Categories of How we Parent our Children:
- Management – sometimes children just need to be told what to do
- Nurturing – sometimes children simply need hope that there is a God who loves them and has provided everything they need
- Training – children need to learn how the gospel applies to the circumstance they’re facing and what an appropriate response should be
- Correction – gospel correction reminds us to bring correction to them in the context of what Jesus has already done for them and his great love for them
- Promises – children need to be reminded of the promise that He has made if they fail to believe that He is as merciful and good as He says He is.
Taken from Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus