God’s care is sure, but will you run to him in your time of need or look elsewhere for hope and comfort?
- “[ Cast] all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (1 Pet. 5: 7).
- “He has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’” (Heb. 13: 5).
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matt. 11: 28– 30).
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Ps. 27: 1).
- “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint” (Isa. 40: 29– 31).
- “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4: 19).
- “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved” (Ps. 55: 22).
Tripp, Paul David. New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional (Kindle Location 5887). Crossway. Kindle Edition.