What does it mean to meditate on Scripture? Tim Keller in his latest book Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God says, “to meditate is to ask yourself questions about the truth” and “seeks to use the mind intensely” (148).
Here are some questions to help your mind think deeper about the things of God and how they relate to you:
- Is there any example for me to follow?
- Is there any command for me to obey?
- Is there any error for me to avoid?
- Is there any sin for me to forsake
- Is there any promise for me to claim?
- Is there any new thought about God himself?
- Am I living in light of this?
- What difference does this passage make?
- Am I taking this seriously?
- If I believed and held to this, how would that change things?
- When I forget this, how does that affect me and all my relationships?