The writer of Hebrews tell us that the hope we have in Jesus serves as an anchor for our soul (6:19). And yet, many Christians live day-to-day feeling as if their circumstances leave them hopeless. Hope, for a Christian, is the expectation of something good. Hope is woven into the fabric of who we are as followers of Jesus. We are “hope-people” because we can now enter into God’s presence with confidence as individual’s who are holy and righteous as we are in Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21).
To that end, here are several verses on hope. Read and reflect on the truths shared in these verses:
- God has solutions to our problems (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- God’s grace is sufficient for every need (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- God is able to do more than we ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20)
- God is always faithful (Lamentations 3:32)
- Hope is an anchor for our soul (Hebrews 6:19)
- We’re called to put our hope in God (Psalm 42) who is faithful and powerful (Psalm 146:3-10)
- Hope produces endurance and perseverance (1 Thessalonians 1:3)
- Christians have a living hope because of the resurrection of Jesus (1 Peter 1:3)
- Trusting in the God of hope will bring joy and hope (Romans 15:13).